Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dance Team Gifts (Lots of Pictures!)

My daughter's dance team is preparing for Nationals in Orlando, FL.  I wanted to make something special for all the girls on her teams.  They have worked so hard this year and accomplished so much. 

After much debating, I decided to make memory books for each girl (18 of them!!) that they can then add their own journaling, photos, and momentos to.  I'm really pleased with how they turned out and the girls LOVED them!  The really didn't take long to make; the longest part of the process was inking the edges and around the perimeter of each page.
The front cover of each girl's book was personalized with her last initial with her first name cut out of it (welded with the Gypsy) - cut with the Mickey Font Cricut cartridge.  "Orlando" was cut using the same cartridge and the "ticket end caps".  The tag is also on the cartridge; I used the Gypsy to hide the inside cut and leave it whole and welded the year on the inside.
The Mickey head was cut using the Mickey Font Cricut cartridge and I welded DMA inside it (Dance Masters of America).  The stamp doesn't show well in the photo, but it is a custom stamp I had made with K-E Kreations and my e-mail address on it.

Here is the inside of the book unfolded:








And, here is the flip side...







There are a ton of supplies used on this one, so I will try to put them in by page order.  If you have any questions about what I used anything for, drop me a comment.
- 6x6 My Creations Memory Showcase from Close To My Heart
- Fanfare Level 2 Paper from Close To My Heart
- Cricut Mickey Font Cartridge
- Cranberry Ink Pad from Close To My Heart
- Pacifica Ink Pad from Close To My Heart
- Sky Ink Pad from Close To My Heart
- Just Blooms White Daisy Variety Pack from Close To My Heart (these were inked)
- Stickles in a variety of colors
- Sheer Shimmer Spritz by Tsukineko
- Fanfare Level 2 Brad Assortment from Close To My Heart
- Cranberry Grosgrain Ribbon from Close To My Heart
- Dancing Dreams stamp set from Close To My Heart
- Brads Red Assortment from Close To My Heart
- Brads Blue Assortment from Close To My Heart
- Star Power stamp set from Close To My Heart

As I said, the girls were thrilled with the books.  I worked on them the last few weeks for several hours a day as I waited on my daughter to finish dance classes, so they had seen me working but didn't know what I was up to.  I didn't want to make anything too elaborate so that they could be personalized by the girls easily or just simply have photos added (and they are mostly 12- and 13-year old girls with their own individual styles).  Each one was unique; they had slight variations in which color brads, how the cover was laid out and how some of the patterned paper looked when cut.

Enjoy!!


Craft Junkie Too Friend

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails