Friday, December 5, 2014

Knit Hats

What do you make for Christmas for two toddlers who live overseas and don't have much room in their luggage to take presents home with them?

Hats of course!  They are small & fit in the suitcase, or, if the suitcase is full, put it on their head. 

Here are two hats that I knit for my nephews who live in Denmark.  They are both knit from the Heel Stitch Hat pattern by Purl Soho.


This hat is for my 9-month old nephew, Elvis.  It was knit using Red Heart Soft Prints yarn in Waterscape on US-8 size circular and doublepoint needles.  I used the baby size on the pattern.


The second hat is for my two-year old nephew, Jeremiah.  It was knit using of  Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn! in High Sierra Stripe on US-8 size circular and doublepoint needles.  I used the toddler size on the pattern.

On both hats, I added a pom pom which I purchased from Hobby Lobby.  Two Christmas gifts done and they only took a couple of days each to make.
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails