Sunday, April 25, 2010

Mother's Day Cards

Mom - stop right here or you'll see your card before Mother's Day.

For the rest of you....continue on. LOL!!

I made two cards for Mother's Day this weekend.  They were both similar in style, but yet different.  I was very pleased with the way they finally turned out.  I haven't been able to find Glimmer Mist in any of my local craft stores, but I did find some Sheer Shimmer Spritz today that I think must be a very similar product.  All I can say is...oh my, I could love this stuff.  My daughter actually wanted me to spray her so she would sparkle.

Supplies used were:
Forgive the "bad photos".  As I said in my earlier post, my hubby had the "good camera" at the wrestling tournament, and I wanted to get this photographed while I still had some light.

Here's the first card.  The pictures below are of the inside.  They are a little fuzzy, but I was trying to get a good picture showing the shimmer spritz on the lettering.  Hopefully it shows up a little.  The pink "paisleys" are a stamp that I created the background with using ink the same color as the cardstock.  I did the same on the inside of the second card.


Here's card number two.  Similar style, but the inside is different.  I used the shimmer spritz all over the inside of the card.  I think it shows up better in this picture.

Thanks for stopping by!  Remember, my "blog candy" drawing will be held on April 30.  All you have to do is leave a comment on the blog candy post and become a follower.  I picked up a few items for the drawing over the weekend.  I'll post some pics of the goodies sometime this week.

6 comments:

Fern said...

Both cards are beautiful!!! Love the Shimmer Spritz!!! Too funny about your daughter wanting to be sprayed!! lol!!!

just2ducky said...

These are so pretty! She's going to love it!

PenLight said...

These are great. I love what you did, especially your colors and papers!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Very nice card... I agree glimmer mist is very difficult to find! You have to admit it is well worth the search!

Lori Apgar said...

Great cards!! Love the glimmer mist!

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy said...

I love the colors and the stitching! WOWZERS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails