Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Sweetie!

Today is my daughter's birthday.  Happy Birthday sweetheart! 

I don't know about you, but I have a terrible time finding time to craft cards for my kids now that they are older and don't go to bed at 8 pm.  I just find it hard to get my craft mojo going at 10 pm once the kids are in bed.

I whipped this card up late last night.  I knew I wanted to make something lime green and hot pink.  What other colors are there for a pre-teen girl?  I decided to use a black base and accent with a little white.
The card is a 5x7 base.  Believe it or not, this is the first time I ever heat embossed (the initial).  I have had the supplies for ages, but hadn't tried it yet.  I love the look, and it was so much easier than I had anticipated.
The inside of the card was just a few stamps I had on hand to make it cute without being TOO cute.
Here are the supplies I used:
That's it for the night.  I'm off to join the family - finishing a movie and enjoying cupcakes (slightly smashed) to top off the birthday girl's day.  Have a wonderful evening!
This is what happens when you send two 17-yo boys after the cupcakes....but they still taste good.

Craft Junkie Too Friend

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails