I don't know about you, but I have a terrible time finding time to craft cards for my kids now that they are older and don't go to bed at 8 pm. I just find it hard to get my craft mojo going at 10 pm once the kids are in bed.
I whipped this card up late last night. I knew I wanted to make something lime green and hot pink. What other colors are there for a pre-teen girl? I decided to use a black base and accent with a little white.
The card is a 5x7 base. Believe it or not, this is the first time I ever heat embossed (the initial). I have had the supplies for ages, but hadn't tried it yet. I love the look, and it was so much easier than I had anticipated.
The inside of the card was just a few stamps I had on hand to make it cute without being TOO cute.
Here are the supplies I used:
- Black and white cardstock from my stash
- Lime green and hot pink cardstock from DCWV's Fun in the Sun Summer Cardstock Stack
- 2" Scallop Circle Punch from Close To My Heart
- Bubblegum inkpad from Close To My Heart (retired color)
- Jet Black StazOn inkpad
- Friendship Alphabet Large stamp set from Close To My Heart
- VersaMark stamp pad
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Dashes, Dots & Checks ribbon from Michaels
- Say It In Style stamp set from Close To My Heart
- Happy Forever stamp set from Close To My Heart (no longer available)
|This is what happens when you send two 17-yo boys after the cupcakes....but they still taste good.|