Sunday, August 14, 2011

Yummmm.......

I haven't been posting much crafting lately. With summer here, life has just gotten in the way. I have actually been doing some scrapbooking, but haven't yet taken any pictures.  I'm actually trying to do quite a bit of scrapbooking, as my son is getting ready to start his senior year, and I'm trying to play "catch up". :-)

The one thing I have been doing a lot of this summer is cooking.  It has been nice to be able to sit down as a family and enjoy meals together without the evening school activities.  I also joined a CSA (community supported agriculture) this summer, so every week I get a box full of fresh veggies.  It sure has made us eat more veggies.

My family is not a big "fish" family.  I know it's good for us, but convincing everyone to eat it is another thing.  In my most recent issue (August/September 2011) of Simple & Delicious, there was a recipe for Bacon & Tomato-Topped Haddock that sounded promising.  How could anything topped with bacon be that bad?
I actually remembered to take a picture before we ate; not the best lighting in my kitchen - especially using the camera on my phone.  I replaced the haddock with cod as that's what was available at my grocery store the other day.  The topping is made with bacon, panko bread crumbs, tomatoes, onions and garlic.  We also had corn on the cob and finished off the meal with homemade raspberry ice cream.  Yum!  Great summer meal!

Have a great week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails