Sunday, February 6, 2011

Encouragement Card

This has to be one of the hardest cards I've needed to make in awhile.  My Girl Scout troop is part of a very large service unit (school district).  We have over 1300 girls involved in scouting in our district.  We were recently asked to have our girls make cards for a first grade Brownie who has been diagnosed with neuroblastoma cancer and is undergoing treatment.  We're hoping to send enough well wishes her way to help keep her spirits up as she begins this journey.

Finding the right sentiment was difficult.  I didn't want a sympathy card, but the traditional "get well" didn't seem appropriate either.  After a lot of thought, this is what I came up with.
I attached the wagon with foam tape for dimension.  I also added "shine" to the words 'pulling' and 'you' with Liquid Glass from Close To My Heart.
Finally, the envelope.
The recipe for this card:
  • Just Because Cards Cricut cartridge - all card images cut at 7".
  • Close To My Heart Whoops-A-Daisy Level 2 Paper Pack (retired)
  • Close To My Heart Hydrangea inkpad (retired color)
  • Close To My Heart Liquid Glass (which also makes a GREAT adhesive for those hard to attach items)
  • Close To My Heart Just Blooms Summer Posies (retired)
  • MyMoments Fashion Pearls by Offray
Finally, the card my daughter made:
Have a great day!  Be back again with another project soon.

2 comments:

Ohhh Snap said...

Those are wonderful cards! I'm going to have to remember the pulling for you card. TFS!

Unknown said...

You did a wonderful job with this. I think you chose the perfect sentiment under the circumstances - somewhere between grief and optimism that is appropriate. It is beautiful and I'm sure it will be appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails