Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine Mail Box

Hey everyone!  Here's a mailbox I made today for my niece for Valentine's Day.  She's not allowed to have a lot of candy, so I stuffed it with a few pieces of candy along with some Valentine barrettes, Valentine rubber ducks, and a jingly heart necklace.

I was able to use paper from my scrap stash to complete the entire project.  Everything was cut on the Cricut from the Create a Critter cartridge.  The ribbon tied to the mailbox flag is from Stampin' Up.

Front
Back
I just love this little monkey.  I wish I had some flocking at home to make him fuzzy, but it's probably just as well, since my niece is only two.

The cuts on the mailbox are:
  • Monkey, layer 1 & layer 2 - cut at 3"
  • Banana (shift monkey), layer 1 & layer 2 - cut at 3"
  • Vine (shift accessory) - cut at 3.75" wide
  • Balloon (shift koala), layer 1 & layer 3 - cut at 2.5"
I used my Gypsy to layout the pieces I needed to cut as well as to hide the faces that were on the balloon and bananas.  Using the mat guide on the Gypsy, I was able to cut everything at once by putting different papers on the mat.  Super easy project!

Hope you enjoyed.  I'm off to do laundry and then back to the crafting table for a few more projects today.  I'll be back to share them this week.

1 comment:

JustYolie said...

Adorable mailbox, love the that monkey!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails