I received this in my Taste of Home e-mail newsletter today & thought I'd share. There are some wonderful tips I'd never thought of. Good thing other people think outside the box.
25 Ways to Use Coffee Filters
Wonderfully cheap, readily available in a couple of sizes, these little paper gems can be used in a variety of ways:
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave to prevent splatter.
2. Clean windows, mirrors, chrome…they are lint-free and leave glass sparkling.
3. Protect good china by separating your good dishes with a coffee filter between each dish.
4. Filter broken cork from a wine bottle. If the cork breaks when opening the bottle, pour the wine through a filter.
5. Protect cast iron skillet. Place a coffee filter or two in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
—Beema, Hints and Tips Forum
See the rest of the list»