Hello everyone. Today I have a sympathy card for my son's girlfriend who lost her cat this morning to share with you. I struggled with what was appropriate and then took to the internet to see what I could find for inspiration. I saw a card with some really cute paw prints where the main pad was made with a heart.
I decided that I must have stamps or Cricut carts to help me recreate this. No Cricut cart with paw prints. I did have several different heart stamps to create the large pad, but was still struggling with the toes. An oval - is that too much to ask? Hmmm...kinda like an Easter egg; that I did have. Then the question became how to stamp it so that it didn't look like an Easter egg; somehow that didn't sound very sympathetic to me. I used my black marker to ink only the outside edge of the egg; perfect! Of course I had to practice a few times.
I decided the easiest way to make several of these so that I had paw prints walking down my card would be to make a stencil so they were all identical. I used a scrap of vellum and traced my favorite paw, cut it out, and then I had a stencil to use.
In trying to save as much of my scrap as possible, I put the paw print as close to the edges of the vellum as possible. Seemed like a good idea until I stamped the first paw on the card and inked off the edge of my stencil. Whoops! Then you need creative sentiments. You wouldn't even know I had red ink on the top of my card from the finished project. :-)
The sentiments were typed and printed using my computer and word processing program. I found the sentiment on an internet site for sentiments.
Items I used on this card were:
- Juniper Cardstock from Close To My Heart
- Veranda Paper Pack from Close To My Heart (retired)
- Juniper Inkpad from Close To My Heart
- Hollyhock Inkpad from Close To My Heart
- Sorbet Inkpad from Close To My Heart
- Creme Brulee Inkpad from Close To My Heart
- Black Exclusive Inks Marker from Close To My Heart
- Mini-Medley Accents Antiqued Copper Collection from Close To My Heart
- Sensational Season stamp set from Close To My Heart (retired)
- Follow Your Heart stamp set from Close To My Heart (retired)
I'm linking this card to the following challenges: