Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Glass Block Nightlight

My niece, Amelia, LOVES her princesses.  Belle is one of her all-time favorites, so I made for her a glass block nightlight for her bedroom.


The cut-outs were from a package I found at Hobby Lobby.  I just used good ole' E-6000 adhesive to attach them.
 

The ribbon was sheer ribbon I picked up from Hobby Lobby.  It is tied around the glass block and the bow is attached at the top.
 

The hardest part of this project was "frosting" the glass.  The first product I tried was a glue-like substance that you painted on and then wiped off.  It didn't seem to frost the glass at all, even after leaving it on for several hours.  I finally ended up using a spray that makes the glass looked frosted, and I was much happier with the outcome.

Hope you have a happy crafting day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails