Thursday, February 11, 2010

60th Birthday Card

My dad's 60th birthday is soon, so I've been working on a card for him.  Have you ever had one of those "well, duh" moments.  I had one of those while working on this card.  I used the car from the "enjoy the ride" button on Graphically Speaking, and I just couldn't figure out what some of the icons were.  Oh well, if I couldn't figure out what they were, I decided they must not be important.  Off I go, creating my card, putting the layers of my car together.  My husband came up to see my progress later and says, "Your car could really use some wheels".  Well, DUH - the light went on; the unknown icons.  We had a good laugh over that one.

On to the card, you already know I am using Graphically Speaking Cricut cartridge.  I cut everything on the front of the card using that cartridge.  The spotted paper on the front of the card comes from the Fall In Love Glitter Book by My Mind's Eye.  The red and black cardstock came from the Fun In the Sun stack by DCWV.  I inked the edges of the card and added some accents to the tires and the enjoy the ride using a white gel pen.

On the inside of the card, I cut Happy Birthday using the Wild Card cartridge onto the spotted paper from the front of the card.  I glued it onto some of the leftover black cardstock and cut a freehand cloud around the words.  I added 60th with my white gel pen and "stickled" around the edge using Black Diamond stickles by Ranger.

Hope you enjoy and maybe got a laugh at my "dense moment" with this card.  Have a great crafting day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails