Thursday, February 25, 2010

Finally....The Explosion Box

Sorry for the delay in getting the directions and photos posted for this project.  I worked on the explosion box right up until I had to get ready to leave for the bridal shower, so I had to wait to take photos until after I had already given it to the bride-to-be.  The last few days I have been under the weather and just haven't been able to get myself around to posting.


The paper for each page of the box is boysenberry cardstock from ANW Crestwood that I picked up from open stock at Jo-Ann's.  The lid is made from DCWV metallic silver cardstock.  The lavender paper is Soft Tints Lavender Swirls by Paper Pizazz/Hot Off the Press.  The 'y' is cut using the Mini Monograms cricut cartridge.  The flowers and brads are from the Earth's Palette Creative Pack by Hot Off the Press.  The "bling" around the lid are light purple adhesive gemstones by The Paper Studio.  The stickers used throughout the box are from two sets - Silver Wedding by JoAnn Craft Essentials and Wedding B&W Silver Foil from The Paper Studio.  The rings are cut on the silver cardstock using the Designer's Calendar cricut cartridge.

This is the inside of the lid.  The inside paper is BW Swirls by Colorbok.
Here is the first layer.  The middle is the silver cardstock run through the cuttlebug using the D'vine Swirl embossing folder.  The patterned paper is Purple Happiness by Paper Pizazz/Hot Off the Press.

Here is the second layer.  It is cut from silver glitter cardstock from The Glitter Cardstock Stack by DCWV.  Finally, below, is the last layer.  It is Dotted Stripes by Paper Pizazz/Hot Off the Press.  The flower cutout is from the Stretch Your Imagination cricut cartridge.  The "love" is cut from the Beyond Birthdays cricut cartridge.

Thanks for reading through this long post.  I hope you're just a bit inspired by my creation.  The bride-to-be loved it, and everyone at the party wanted to look through it.  I think it was a hit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your explosion box. I have been meaning to try one of these. Great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails