Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Another Valentine

I'm snowed in here.  The kids have been out of school for two days; I've been home from work.  Unfortunately, I haven't had much crafting mojo.  I did finally sit down today and get this Valentine done for my grandparents.  They used to raise sheep years ago, so I've been thinking for days about how to incorporate a sheep into their card.


The card is a 5x7" card.  I covered it in a green gingham from a paper stack called The Basics from The Paper Studio and inked the edges black.  The heart and inside sentiment also come from the same paper stack.  The other paper is all from scraps I had sitting around.
  • The heart is cut on the Cricut using Designer's Calendar at 2".  It is accented using magenta stickles by Ranger.
  • The sheep is cut in white (used markers prior to cutting to make the features easier to see) and again in black using the shadow feature at 4".  The sheep came from Animal Kingdom.  Once cut, I put white flocking on the sheep's body and top of the head.  I colored the black sheep accents with watercolor pencils and then used liquid glass from Close To My Heart.  A CTMH consultant once told me that there was enough "liquid" in liquid glass to make watercolor pencils look "watercolor-y".
  • The fence is cut on the Cricut as well using the My World cartridge.  It was cut using the fit to length feature at 5".  I then cut the layer at 4-1/4" using the real dial size.  I inked the edges of the layers with black before gluing them on.  I used a  black pen to draw along the edges of the fence to give them a little more definition.
  • The fence is attached with foam tape to "make it pop".  I ended up cutting off the bottom portion of the fence to make it shorter, because it covered up too much of the sheep.


For the inside, I cut a 4" square from the green gingham paper and inked the edges.  I cut "Valentine's Day" using Designer's Calendar using the fit to length feature at 4-1/2".  The happy stamp is from the Close To My Heart stamp set Say It In Style.  The accents are dots of magenta stickles.


I am very pleased with this card.  I normally have "blank" insides, so was pleased with how well the "outside" came in. 

Thanks for stopping by to check out what I've been up to!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails