Saturday, February 6, 2010

Wrestling Valentine

My nearly 16-year old son would rather die than admit he gets a Valentine from his mother, but he gets one just the same every year.  I decided to go with a "non-Valentine" Valentine for him this year.  I wanted to do something relating to wrestling, because he is nearing the post-season, and it is such a big part of his life. 

I was stumped on what to say though.  Happy Valentine's Day didn't seem to go with a picture of a wrestler.  I put out a "call for help" to my fellow "Cricuteers" on the Cricut message board and had several great responses.  I ended up going with KarenDKrafter's suggestion.  Thank you KarenDKrafter!!!

Here is what I created:
The orange diamond paper is from The Basics paper stack by The Paper Company.  The card is a 5x7" card.  The other cardstock is simply scraps I had laying around.  The hearts are cut on my Cricut using the Wild Card cartridge at 3-1/2".  The wrestlers are cut on the Cricut using Sports Mania at 3-1/2".  I cut the wrestlers, the blackout, and the layers.  I did end up inking the edges of the card black after I took the photo.

On the inside of the card, I used a computer to print most of the sentiment.  The "wrestling" is a Close To My Heart stamp from the new In The Game - Wrestling set.  The "I Love You" is cut at 2-1/2" using the Wild Card cartridge again.  I covered it with Faded Denim Stickles, because "mom's always gotta put in a bit of bling".

Thanks for stopping by to see my what I've been up to!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails