Saturday, March 17, 2012

150+ Wins Shirt

During wrestling season this year, my son hit a big career-mark - 150 wins.  To celebrate, I had ready my first ever Cricut-cut vinyl shirt for him.  After his win, his younger sister ran out on the mat to present him with the shirt (so mom and dad could video and take pictures).  Great senior memory for us!


I used Cricut Craft Room while designing this shirt.  The letters were "double layered" to make them two colors; I "hid" anything I did not want cut as I cut each color.  The words on the front were cut from the Varisty Letter Cricut cartridge at 1.097" tall.  The wrestlers are the blackout version from Sports Mania cut at 3.889" tall.

I purchased the metallic heat-transfer vinyl from Coastal Business Supplies.  They had great service and were super-fast with the shipping.  The metallic doesn't photograph very well, but it sure looks great in person!


Both the "150+" and the "career wins" were welded together in Cricut Craft Room and then made to fit to 11.5" wide for the back of the shirt.  The 150 and career wins were cut using the Varsity Letter Cricut cartridge.  The + was cut from Plantin Schoolbook.

I was very pleased with how well this turned out.  The vinyl was surprisingly easy to work with.  With all my settings at 3, it produced a perfect "kiss-cut" leaving the backing intact which made "weeding" and then the placement/ironing very easy.

Hope you have a safe St. Patrick's Day and get some crafting done in between all the "March Madness".

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails