Monday, March 19, 2012

Senior Year Scrapbook

As I said in my recent post, I just don't know where all my time is going this year.  My son is a senior, and I'm really trying not only to play "catch up" on his scrapbooks, but to keep current on this year's book. 

The easiest way I've found to stay current is digital scrapbooking.  Now, don't get me wrong, I still love playing with paper AND my Cricut, but digital scrapbooking really is so much faster and convenient in this day of digital photos.  I have been using Close to my Heart's digital scrapbooking program, Studio J.  I really resisted when it was first introduced, but, after playing with it, I can honestly say I LOVE it! 

I don't have a photo printer at home, so traditionally when I scrapbooked, I would have to plan ahead to get my pictures printed or print pictures and hope they were sized right when I sat down to create.  Nothing kills my creativity faster than working on a page and not having the photo I want!  With Studio J, I upload my photos, choose the papers and layout I want to use, and create away.  No more printing pictures.  No more cropping photos; I can enlarge or crop the photos as I am using them in the program.

Best of all, the papers in the current Idea Book are all represented in Studio J as well as some of the retired lines!  I can add traditional pages to my digital pages or add elements from the same paper pack to create dimension.  The possibilities are endless!

I thought I would start today with the opening page of his scrapbook.  I've known for YEARS what I wanted on this page.
Everything about this page is digital.  I did not add any traditional elements to this at all.  I used the Class Act paper kit.  Once you have created  your pages (everything is created in two-page layouts) in Studio J, you have the option to have them printed (and sent to you with page protectors) or you can purchase the images and have them printed yourself. 

Because you create in two-page layouts, the "other half" of this layout is used later in the book.  I knew there were some pages that I would have that I would need to create myself - school picture, newspaper articles, team pictures, etc. - and just planned to use the other half opposite one of those pages.

Hope you are having a great start to week!  Thanks for stopping by to check out my work.  If you're interested in checking out Studio J for yourself, you can find out more by clicking the link HERE.  I would love to have you "like" me on facebook with the button at the top of the page as I am getting my page started there.  See you soon with more layouts!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails