Thursday, March 4, 2010

5th Place Sucks Bouquet

My heart is breaking for my poor son.  He placed 5th at the wrestling tournament last weekend and the top four places get to move on to the state tournament.  He is the alternate, meaning he had to practice all week, cut weight again this week, and hope someone wouldn't be able to wrestle.  The state tournament started today, so off he went to sit and wait.

I got a text message from him around lunchtime saying he was "officially a spectator".  It made my heart break all over again for him.  I know today has been hard for him, so I decided to make him something.  I bought him some cookies and cream ice cream; he loves ice cream and hasn't had it for MONTHS due to watching his weight.  I also made him this bouquet.
I found the bucket at Jo-Ann's.  I put orange rick-rack around the top and bottom edge of the bucket.  The wrestling stickers are from my stash and are from EK Success, I believe.  It then has a styrofoam ball covered in orange tissue paper on top.  The words were cut on the Cricut machine using the Mickey Font cartridge at 1" and 1-1/2".  They have some curling ribbon tied around the sticks.

Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy National Crafting Month!

3 comments:

Snowmanlover said...

Oh that is so cute. I hope it cheered him up!

Unknown said...

What a sweet gesture!

Melissa said...

Awwwww....so cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails