Friday, March 19, 2010

Butterfly Birthday Card

Here is a birthday card I've made for my mom (even though her birthday isn't until next week).  This is an A2 sized card.  The base is made from green cardstock from the Fun in the Sun Summer Cardstock Stack by DCWV.  The rest of the paper is from the 180 Paper Pack II by The Paper Studio.  The organdy ribbon is from Jo-Ann's.
The butterfly is cut at 3" (I think) from the Hannah Montana Cricut cartridge.  This is the butterfly on page 75 of the handbook using the Pop Princess feature as well as the blackout.  I embellished the butterfly with some crystal stickles by Ranger and pop-dotted it onto the card for dimension.  The edges of the card and the striped paper are inked with Close To My Heart's citrus inkpad.  The Happy Birthday is from a stamp set I picked up on clearance somewhere.

Have a great day - it's starting to feel like spring here!

2 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Beautiful Card!!! I am partial to Butterflies... just sooo pretty, and a great paper choice. Thanks for sharing.

flowerdisco said...

I love the butterfly so much....and the colors you used are adorable together, tfs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails