Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Kinda Crafty

Okay, I didn't get as much accomplished over the weekend as I had hoped.  As it turned out, my hubby wanted to paint the basement.  We have a full basement that has never had anything done with it since the builder left other than us painting the cement floor and cement blocks to waterproof them.  The part that is drywall has been plastered drywall with all the seams still showing since we moved in.

Mind you, we have over 700 square feet of wall space to paint, so this wasn't an easy job.  Since it was still drywall, we had to prime it first (one coat right off the bat).  Then, just to make things difficult (and the fact that we're big Buckeye fans and it's a must for the basement in Ohio), we wanted to paint it red (at least two more coats). 

We did get it primed over the weekend, and I went home and painted one area red last night.  This is the worst section to paint as it has the windows, doors and fireplace.  Everything left is plain wall, so shouldn't take nearly as long.  Don't mind my painter's tape around the fireplace, and it still needs another coat.  Once we're done painting, we want to "box in" the windows and paint the trim white.

Now, on to the "kinda crafty" part.  A few days ago I posted that my 16-year old son interrupted my crafting wanting to make the biggest Mater possible.  I did finally help him get Mater finished.  He ended up being cut at 7" with the Disney Cars Cricut cartridge.  We used various papers depending on what he liked.

Hope you have a great day.  After work, I'm off to paint some more basement. 

4 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

We painted our bedroom that color in the last house we had.... Boy it sure does take a lot of paint! But like yours beautiful when done!

flowerdisco said...

love the color and the truck :) don't forget to show us when done. we still working on our bedroom and my DH had to prime the woodwork too before painting it white. It was a lot of painting :)

Emily said...

Such a cute Mater......good luck with the painting!!!

Leanne said...

I love Mater!!! Also love the color you are painting with. I feel for you I can't stand to paint!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails